We remember Rick Piltz who passed away this week. His courage in opposing the suppression of climate knowledge during the Bush Administration leads us to consider what it means to be courageous in the face of climate change. Is such courage for great men only, or do we all need courage?
Here are some of the links we discussed:
- Memorials to Rick Piltz from Climate Science Watch , Andrew Revkin , UCS , Joe Romm and R. Tucker himself.
- A discussion of the locally active student’s lawsuit to Claim the Sky.
- What courage is needed in drowning nations ?
- Martin Luther King faced dark times but showed courage in writing a Letter from a Birmingham Jail .
- Sheldon Whitehouse seems brave as he speaks about climate change issues here or here .
Because we recognize the necessity of personal accountability for our actions, because we accept responsibility for building a durable future and because we believe it is our patriotic duty as citizens to speak out, we must insist that the United States put a price on carbon.
Thanks for listening.